Parking in Alexandria
Information about parking in the City of Alexandria, including parking options, enforcement, districts and permits.
Page updated on February 24, 2023 at 4:41 PM
WARNING: You have chosen to translate this page using an automated translation system. This translation has not been reviewed by the City of Alexandria and may contain errors.
Where to Park in Alexandria: Interactive Map
Information and maps about parking including residential parking districts, parking restrictions, and meter and pay-by-phone zones.
Pay-by-Phone at Meters in Alexandria
The City’s ParkMobile service provides the ability to make payments via a smartphone app or toll-free phone number and is an alternative to the pay station kiosks on each block.
- The City-owned parking garages at Market Square, Courthouse & North Union Street are being updated with new technology that will allow for faster and more secure payment options to reduce exiting queues. Hourly pricing at these locations will be reduced to $2/hour from $2.50/hour since the new machines do not accept coins.
- Changes to parking in Old Town starting September 2, 2022! Cheaper parking options nights/weekends at Courthouse Garage and higher hourly rates on select Residential blocks. Please visit the Parking in Old Town and Residential Pay by Phone webpages for more information about these parking initiatives to protect residential parking.
- Parklet Program to take effect October 1, 2022. See our webpage to learn more about using the parking lane to host a parklet and the associated requirements, fees, and more!
- Free Guest and Visitor parking permits are available online for Residential Permit Parking Districts. Print permits at home for stays of 1 to 7 days
- Request Temporary Reserved On-street Parking Learn more about how to request parking for moving, construction equipment, weddings, funerals, etc. through the City's Permits Office using APEX