Curbside Loading/Pickup Zones
Like most temporary or altered programs created to adjust for COVID-19 conditions, this temporary program ended on June 30, 2022. All the temporary signage associated with this program was removed on that date.
The permanent program began on July 1, 2022, at which time City staff installed permanent signage in locations desired by businesses and approved by the Traffic & Parking Board. The current list of proposed locations for these zones can be found in the Permanent Program section of this webpage.
The permanent program for the new curbside loading and pick-up/drop-off zones began July 1, 2022. The below list of locations was brought before the Traffic & Parking Board for consideration at their June 27, 2022 meeting. All locations were approved and posted with the newly created signage seen here.
The proposed locations for these zones are (addresses indicate location of zone, NOT business address):
- Hummingbird (1 Duke Street)
- DIYA (218 North Lee Street)
- Kisso Asian Bistro (101 South Fairfax Street)
- Caphe Banh Mi (405 Cameron Street)
- Quattro Formaggi (1725-B Duke Street)
- Augie's (1102 King Street)
- Bastille (1205 Pendleton Street)
- Monterey's (1000 North Fayette Street)
- Sunday in Saigon (682 North Saint Asaph Street)
- Del Ray Café (205 East Howell Avenue)
- Piece Out / Cheesetique / Taqueria el Poblano (2419 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Spice Kraft (2607 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- RT's (3804 Mount Vernon Avenue)
- Café Pizzaiolo (1623 Kenwood Avenue)
- St. Elmo's / Market 2 Market / Pork Barrel / Dairy Godmother (2312 Mount Vernon Avenue)
Applying for New Curbside Loading/Pick-up Signage
Are you interested in the new curbside loading and pick-up/drop-off signage for your business but you didn't participate in the temporary program? No problem!
Simply fill out this form (include the name of this particular signage in the "Reason for the Request" section and check off "Loading Zone Addition") and submit it to Max Devilliers at firstname.lastname@example.org. If deemed appropriate by City staff, your request will be brought before the upcoming Traffic & Parking Board meeting for consideration.