Teen Wellness Center
Teen Wellness Center (TWC) Services
Services that are NON-CONFIDENTIAL and need parent/guardian consent if you are under the age of 18:
- NEW: COVID-19 vaccines, by appointment or available during any other visit
- Immunizations for HPV, Influenza (flu), TDAP and more
- Tuberculosis Testing
- Treatment of colds, acne, and other minor illnesses
- Physical examinations required for schools, participation in sports, employment and the Special Olympics
Services that are CONFIDENTIAL and do NOT need parent/guardian consent:
- Pregnancy testing and prevention
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV, syphilis, and herpes).
- Reproductive health services (including prescribing birth control)
- Health education on nutrition, exercise, and stress reduction techniques
- Behavior change counseling
- Mental health and substance abuse counseling
Will My Visit be Confidential?
Virginia state law allows us to provide some services without parental consent. That means that in most cases, if a teen has asked for or received any of the confidential services listed above, we cannot legally share information regarding that service with the parent or guardian.
Immigration status is not checked or recorded. We will ask you if you live in the City of Alexandria.
How Much do Services Cost?
Services are provided FREE of charge (since billing a health insurance plan risks indirectly notifying the parent that a teen sought TWC services). Contact a Teen Wellness clinic staffer for more information on what and when information is withheld.
Who Qualifies for TWC Services?
The Teen Wellness Center serves ALL teenagers aged 12 to 19 years old, who live in the City of Alexandria.
The Teen Wellness Center has two locations:
- Alexandria City High School
3330 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302
The main entrance faces King St and free parking is available in the garage to the rear of the school. Text "APPT" to 571.329.2245 to make an appointment (please do NOT text any confidential information) or call 703.746.4776 during clinic hours.
- ACHS - Minnie Howard
3801 W Braddock Rd
Alexandria, VA 22302
Call or text 571.458.6730 to make an appointment at the Minnie Howard location.
The TWC clinic at Alexandria City High School (ACHS) main campus operates Monday through Friday from 9am - 1pm and 2 - 5pm
On the 2nd and 4th Thursdays each month, hours are 12 - 5pm.
The TWC clinic at ACHS Minnie Howard campus is open Monday through Friday from 8am - 4pm.
- Teen Wellness Center Registration Form
- Health History
(English ) (Español)
- Patient Application and Consent for Health Care
- Authorization for Disclosure of Protected Health Information
- COVID-19 Vaccination Screening and Encounter Form
(only needed if you are getting a COVID-19 vaccine during your visit)
- Teen Wellness Center Brochures
(English) (Español) (Arabic) (Amharic)
Note: New patients are required to complete forms prior to or at their first appointment and update them yearly. Patients under 18 need parent/guardian consent for NON-CONFIDENTIAL services indicated above.
The Teen Wellness Center’s mission is:
To ensure that each and every Alexandrian teen succeeds – physically, emotionally, socially, and academically – by collaboratively providing an easily accessible medical clinic at Alexandria High School.
When the clinic opened in September 2010, it was the first clinic for teens located within a school in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
How to Help
Interested in supporting the Teen Wellness Center? The TWC results from the collaboration of many different community groups. These include:
Local community representatives
Call 703.746.4799 for more information.