Code Administration's Fee Schedule & Payment Methods
A complete listing of fees used by Code Enforcement and payment methods accepted.
Page updated on August 23, 2022 at 1:59 PM
WARNING: You have chosen to translate this page using an automated translation system. This translation has not been reviewed by the City of Alexandria and may contain errors.
Building Code Fee Schedule
2017 New Fee Schedule (Effective June 1, 2017)
2015 Fee Schedule (Not Valid after May 31, 2017)
Acceptable Payment Methods
- Payable to "City of Alexandria" ($35 fee on all return checks and hold will be put on any active contact and/or permit until account is cleared)
- Credit Cards
All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing by the original permittee to the Permit Center Division Chief or the Building Official.
- Please note that Refunds approvals are at the total discretion of the Building Official and can be altered as he/she deems necessary in accordance with Local and State regulations.
- Refunds will be issued for the total cost of any fees paid if none of the following services were provided within three days of the written request:
- Application review
- Plan review
- Permit issued
- Refunds will be issued for the total cost paid minus the applicable of the following:
- Plan Review Only under 180 days: 35% non-refundable fee for all plan review deposits
- Plan Review and Permits Issued under 180 days: 35% non-refundable fee for each plan review deposit plus 25% fee for administering each issued permit
- Permits issued that did not require a plan review under 180 days: 25% non-refundable fee for administering each issued permit
- The Following are Non-Refundable:
- Permit issued that did not require a plan review over 180 days: Non refundable
- Plans Review or Permits Issued over 180 days: Non refundable
- Permits Issued with inspections provided by City Inspection Staff: Non refundable
- Applications submitted with deposit with no permits picked up over 180 days: Non refundable
- Revision, Modification, and resubmission fees: Non refundable
- Permit/Certificate replacement fees: Non refundable