Eisenhower West / Landmark Van Dorn Implementation
The 2009 Landmark Van Dorn Corridor Plan and the 2015 Eisenhower West Small Area Plan both recommend establishment of an advisory group to provide guidance on implementation. Since the two plan areas overlap and share dependency on planned infrastructure, looking at the phasing and funding of both plans in concert provides necessary coordination and efficient use of resources.
Page updated on January 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM
WARNING: You have chosen to translate this page using an automated translation system. This translation has not been reviewed by the City of Alexandria and may contain errors.
- Information about the Landmark Mall Re-Planning Process can be found by visiting this page.
Eisenhower West Landmark Van Dorn Implementation Advisory Group and Meeting Information
Advisory Group Establishment and Members
On March 29, 2016 the City Council established an Ad Hoc Eisenhower West/Landmark Van Dorn Implementation Advisory Group through Resolution 2717 and amended through Resolution 2843. The mission of this group is to provide guidance to staff on the infrastructure and funding plans and related follow up studies as outlined in the Eisenhower West Small Area Plan and the Landmark Van Dorn Corridor Plan.
Advisory Group meetings are open to the public and will be held on an as-needed basis.
The Advisory Group consists of 15 members representing a diversity of interests in the plan areas and who have experience in areas of importance to the Plans:
- Mindy Lyle, Chair (Planning Commission)
- Barbara Marvin (Parks & Recreation Commission)
- William Harris (Alexandria Housing Affordability Advisory Committee)
- Casey Kane (Transportation Commission)
- Bill Pugh (Environmental Policy Commission)
- Emanuel Cohan (At-Large, Resident)
- James Durham (At-Large, Resident)
- Arthur Impastato (At-Large, Resident)
- Claudette McBeth (At-Large, Resident)
- Grace Unangst (At-Large, Resident)
- Agnés Artemel (At Large, Business Representative)
- Allen Brooks (At-Large, Business Representative)
- Emmanuel Obe (At-Large, Business Representative)
- Ken Wire (At-Large, Business Representative)
- Joel Bernstein (West End Business Association)
Advisory Group Meetings and Materials
- Thursday, January 26, 2022, Advisory Group Meeting (Hybrid)
- Thursday, September 22, 2022, Advisory Group Meeting (Hybrid)
- Wednesday, April 27, 2022, Advisory Group Meeting
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022, Advisory Group Meeting
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020, Advisory Group Meeting
Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, September 17, 2018 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Thursday, May 24, 2018 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, February 12, 2018 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, October 23, 2017 - Advisory Group Meeting
- Monday, May 22, 2017 - Advisory Group Meeting
My Father's House Christian Church, 4746 Eisenhower Avenue
- Monday, November 28, 2016 - Advisory Group Meeting
Charles Beatley Library, 5005 Duke Street
- September 13, 2016 - Advisory Group Meeting
Victory Center, 5001 Eisenhower Avenue
Background and Resources
- Eisenhower West Landmark Van Dorn Developer Contribution Policy - November 2018
- Landmark/Van Dorn Corridor Plan and Process
- Eisenhower West Small Area Plan and Process
- Projects recommended for the EWLVD coordinated implementation effort are listed in this document.
- Preliminary Air Quality Modeling Summary conducted by Covanta - July 2015
- The Mural at Greenhill Properties - See WJLA's article on local artists Cindy Wallace and Len Garon who have have "literally altered the landscape" of the neighborhood at Edsall Road and Pickett Street.
- For questions related to development projects, contact Jared Alves, Urban Planner, 703.746.3812.
- All other questions, contact Richard Lawrence, Principal Planner, 703.850.9324