Court Service Unit: Where to Get Help
The Alexandria Court Service Unit partners with a variety of community services to provide assistance to youth and families in need.
Page updated on March 8, 2023 at 4:39 PM
WARNING: You have chosen to translate this page using an automated translation system. This translation has not been reviewed by the City of Alexandria and may contain errors.
Where to Go for Help
- Citywide Gang Prevention & Intervention efforts: Call 703.746.4144
- Alexandria Mentoring Partnership: Coordinator David Ulloa at 703.403.4218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- For referrals to the Intervention Prevention Education Program, help for gang-involved, at-risk individuals, or groups, contact 703.746.4144
- IPE Information:
- IPE Information (English/Spanish)
- IPE Referral
- IPE Information:
- To find out about school programs and services, call the Alexandria City Public Schools Information 703.824.6600 or speak with school staff
- To report child abuse or neglect, call:
Child Protective Services 703.746.5800 or the Child Abuse Hotline 1.800.552.7096 or to find out information about family social services (child care, food stamps, housing), call: 703.746.4900
- To confidentially report any crime (non-emergency), domestic violence or other suspicious activities, call the Alexandria Police 703.838.4444.To report graffiti, call the Alexandria Police 703.838.4444 or submit a complaint online. In cases of Emergency, call 911.
- Protective orders in domestic assault matters and juvenile probation, contact the Alexandria Court Service Unit 703.746.4144.
- To get information on public counseling, advocacy and support services:
Mental health and substance abuse services: 703.746.3400
Domestic violence hotline and shelter:703.746.4911
Victim Witness Assistance Program:703.746.4100
Sexual Assault Hotline: 703.683.7273
Teen Text Message Line: 703.717.TEEN (8336)
- For Emergency Mental Health Services call 703.746.3401
- For information on city services, including specific services for culturally and linguistically diverse residents, please call the Office of Communications and Public Information Division of Community Affairs .703.746.4800.
- To get information on recreation/art enrichment programs and parks throughout the City, call Alexandria Recreation and Parks 703.746.4343.
- Teen Information and Referral line provides information on City and Community youth programs and services at 703.746.0990.
- For Before and After school programs such as Head Start, call The Campagna Center at 703.549.0111.
- For parenting programs, call SCAN at 703.820.9001.
- For new baby family support programs, call Healthy Families and Northern Virginia Family Services 703.370.3223.
- For information on teen pregnancy, call Teen Pregnancy - Health Department 703.746.4400 or the Alexandria Campaign on Adolescent Pregnancy (ACAP) 703.746.5030.
- To get information on job referrals and training, call visit the City of Alexandria's Workforce Development Center website: alexandriava.gov/WorkforceDevelopment
- To get information on health services, call the Health Department 703.746.4400; Arlandria Clinic 703.535.5568; Casey Clinic 703.519.5979; or Teen Wellness Center 703.746.4776.
- For local resources available in the City, please click here. For resources available in the Northern Virginia area, please visit the Northern Virginia Regional Commission.
**Please note: phone numbers may change over time. Please call 703.746.4144 if you need assistance.
- Workforce Development Center
- Department of Community and Human Services
- City Manager's Office
- Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney
- Office of Sheriff
- Alexandria Police Department
- Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Office of the Public Defender
- Alexandria Adult Probation and Parole
- Northern Virginia Juvenile Detention Home
- Alexandria Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court Service Unit