The City’s ITS department is responsible for the centralized operation of the City’s information technology services, support and IT infrastructure. The ITS department is organized to provide a flexible, efficient and effective structure to manage information technology operations and investments to support the City’s strategic goals, business processes and enterprise‐wide information needs.
Goals & Services
The goals of the City's Information Technology Services Department (ITS) are to:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the City’s information and technology assets to improve the delivery support and services to the enterprise.
- Strive, where practical, to reduce costs while improving the value of IT services to the City;
- Meet the business needs of the City departments through the application of appropriate information technologies solutions that are in line with the City’s strategic direction and goals.
- Exercise good stewardship in the development of information technology systems projects through the application of industry standard project management policies and practices that eliminates departmental stovepipes and aligns IT investments functional portfolios.
- Continue to improve the quality, quantity and access to electronic information and services for residents, businesses and City staff; and
- Seek, where practical, to implement joint IT projects with the City government, the Alexandria Library and the Alexandria City Public Schools
The ITS department includes the following groups that provide these services: