For Immediate Release: October 15, 2010
City of Alexandria Seeks Artist Proposals to Exhibit Work in City Galleries
The Alexandria Commission for the Arts and the Office of the Arts seek artist proposals to exhibit their work in one of the City galleries. Proposals will be accepted from individual artists, consortia of artists, and organizations who work and/or live within the City of Alexandria through November 10, 2010. All works must be original and only two-dimensional works will be accepted. No entry fee required.
Proposals will be considered for exhibition in the following City galleries:
- Durant Arts Center, 1605 Cameron St.
- Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St.
- Charles E. Beatley Jr. Library, 5005 Duke St.
- City Council Board Room, City Hall (second floor), 301 King St.
- Mayor’s Office, Conference Room, City Hall (second floor), 301 King St.
- City Manager’s Office, Conference Room, City Hall (third floor), 301 King St.
- Planning & Zoning Office, City Hall (second floor), 301 King St.
- Transportation and Environmental Services, City Hall (fourth floor), 301 King St.
- City Hall Employee Lounge (fifth floor), 301 King St.
Art work selected will be exhibited for six months. The deadline to submit proposals is Wednesday, November 10. Selected artists will be notified by November 22, 2010. Send entries to:
Durant Arts Center
ATTN: Call for Entries 2010-2012
1605 Cameron Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Arts Commission and Office of the Arts, a division of the Department of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities, promote and cultivate the arts in the City of Alexandria. For more information about the “call for entries,” visit their web sites at alexandriacommissionforthearts.org and alexandriava.gov/arts.
For additional information on the City Galleries Program, please contact Cheryl Anne Colton at 703.746.5565 or by email at email@example.com.