Alexandria Police Seek Public’s Help Identifying Suspects in Car Dealership Burglaries
Alexandria Police are seeking the public’s help in identifying suspects involved in several car dealership burglaries that have occurred since February of this year. The cases are outlined below.
- February 27, Jack Taylor Toyota, Attempted Burglary: Suspect attempted to pry open a service door with a tire iron. No entry was made to the business.
- March 12, Jack Taylor Toyota, Burglary: Suspect entered business by prying a service door and removed cash from the safe.
- March 31, Jack Taylor Toyota, Burglary: Suspect entered business by unknown means, pried open the safe and removed cash.
- June 2, Jack Taylor Toyota, Burglary: Suspect entered the business, pried open the safe and removed cash.
- June 28, Landmark Honda, Burglary: Two suspects hid inside the business until closing and then attempted to pry open the safe. The suspects left without taking anything.
- July 9, Modern Motors, Attempted Burglary: A vehicle was seen approaching and leaving the dealership during the night. The suspects damaged the external cameras at the business.
- July 14, Modern Motors, Burglary: Two suspects entered the business through a bathroom window and removed a safe containing cash. The suspects left through the front door of the business.
In all the cases, it appears that there are multiple people involved in the burglaries. Detectives believe one or two suspects function as lookouts as one or two suspects enter the business.
Surveillance video of the suspects can be viewed on Police Department’s You Tube channel or by clicking this link: AlexandriaVAPD You Tube.
Anyone with information about these cases or recognizing the suspects in the surveillance video and photos is asked to call Detective Julie Goble of the Criminal Investigations Section at 703.746.6804 or email@example.com.
Detectives would like to remind residents that they may remain anonymous.