Food Truck Policy Advisory Group
- Mission Statement
- Workgroup Members
- September 11, 2013 Meeting
- September 26, 2013 Meeting
- October 10, 2013 Meeting
- November 18, 2013 Meeting
- December 9, 2013
- January 16, 2014
- January 29, 2014
- February 24, 2014
- March 3, 2014
- March 24, 2014
- Draft Report
Legislative Update - May 17, 2014
Alexandria City Council Approves Food Truck Pilot Program
On May 17, Alexandria City Council voted 4-2 to approve a pilot program that will allow food trucks to operate in off-street locations on public and private property. The pilot program will begin on July 1, 2014, and run through October 31, 2015.
City Council adopted the pilot program ordinance after a community input process. While the initial draft of the ordinance would have also allowed food trucks to vend from public street parking spaces, the adopted pilot program is limited to off-street locations and permitted special events.
For details about the pilot program, read the news release here.
Legislative Update - May 14, 2014
At the May 13 meeting, City Council passed the proposed ordinance to permit food trucks on public and private property on first reading and set it for public hearing on May 17 with the following provisions:
- That staff bring back a revision to the ordinance that limits food truck vending to off-street locations on public or private property with the permission of the property owner; and
- That staff to reach out to the Food Truck Policy Advisory Work Group to see how much time is needed to finalize their report.
View the complete docket item and attachments here.
The Food Truck Policy Advisory Group will review the issues related to food trucks, consider the staff’s prior draft proposal as a starting point for discussions, and make suggestions for improvements or develop an alternative proposal for the City Manager’s consideration in drafting a new proposal for Council in the fall.
Work Group Members
- Citizen Members
Yvonne Weight Callahan, Convener
Lori Arrasmith Quill
- Food Truck Vendors
- Farmer Market Master
- Alexandria Economic Development Partnership
September 11, 2013 Meeting
- Background Materials
- NOTE: This was the draft staff proposal which provided the starting point for Advisory Group discussions only. There have been no updates to this proposal.
September 26, 2013 Meeting
October 10, 2013 Meeting
November 18, 2013 Meeting
December 9, 2013 Meeting
January 16, 2014 Meeting
January 29, 2014 Meeting
February 24, 2014 Meeting
March 3, 2014
March 24, 2014