Programs and Services
The Office of Housing coordinates and administers programs and services through its three major divisions:
- Provides informal mediation for tenants and landlords with agreement of both parties;
- Administers the City's Fair Housing Testing Program;
- Compiles information on affordable housing resources; and
- Monitors developer relocation plans for displacement of tenants.
- Provides no-interest, deferred-payment loans for the rehabilitation of owner-occupied homes, including condominiums;
- Administers grants for retrofitting of rental units for persons with disabilities;
- Markets new construction homeownership units that are available through the Affordable Set-aside Homeownership Units program; and
- Manages construction of affordable housing projects with partner organizations for both new construction and rehabilitation.
- Develops and administers City housing policy documents;
- Oversees local compliance in accordance with federal, state and local rules and regulations governing housing and community development activities;
- Administers the City's Affordable Housing Funds;
- Monitors and oversees private-sector participation in affordable housing programs;
- Administers affordable housing contributions made by developers;
- Acts as liaison with the Planning Department on development review;
- Provides staff support to the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee; and
- Administers the City budgetary and fiscal affairs pertaining to housing.