How You Can Help
Once a snow emergency is declared by the City, pay special attention to news broadcasts, eNews alerts, Facebook, and Twitter for announcements that a snow emergency plan is in effect.
To report a problem, call 703.746.HELP (703.746.4357) or use Call.Click.Connect. before, during and after potential snow emergency events.
Be prepared for winter weather by maintaining an adequate supply of shovels, salt or sand for your sidewalks and driveways. If you leave the City during winter, have a plan to ensure that your sidewalks will be cleared. This will prevent the City from charging you with fines, snow removal fees, or both.
In addition, please:
- Clear ice, snow and leaves from around fire hydrants and storm drains.
- Do not shovel snow from your property onto the sidewalk or street.
- Park your car off the street wherever possible.
- Immediately report potholes to the City online or at 703.746.HELP (703.746.4357).
- Check on neighbors needing assistance