Main content
City of Alexandria Homepage
Friday, December 26  •  38°Fair Air Quality: Yellow
CloseWeather Forecast
Today: High 53° Low 33°
SunnyAir Quality: Yellow
Sat: High 55° Low 43°
Partly CloudyAir Quality: Yellow
Sun: High 52° Low 42°
ShowersAir Quality: Yellow
Mon: High 42° Low 31°
AM Showers
Tue: High 43° Low 29°
Mostly Sunny
Schedule of Services for the Christmas Holiday Week -- Updated 12/22/2014 12:38:16 PM

All City of Alexandria government offices will be closed on Wednesday, December 24; Thursday, December 25; and Friday, December 26, in observance of the Christmas holidays. Residential refuse and recycling will be collected on Wednesday, December 24. There is no collection scheduled on Thursday, December 25; and Thursday’s collection will take place on Friday, December 26.

City of Alexandria, VA City of Alexandria, VA
Community & Human Services
Share Share RSS RSS Print Print Text Size Text Size NormalText Size LargeText Size Extra Large
Page updated Jun 4, 2014 1:27 PM

No Comments Posted Yet

Child Care Frequently Asked Questions

What types of child care are available?
Types of Child Care Programs 

How can I get a list of child care providers or centers?
Child Care Providers 

What Head Start programs are available in Alexandria?Child-care FAQs
Head Start Programs 

What help can I receive to pay for child care?
Child Care Assistance 

How do I know if a child care program is right for my child?
Tips on Choosing Child Care & Checklist 

What are the standards for family child care homes?
Standards for Family Child Care Homes 

How do I make a complaint about a provider?
If you have any questions about a provider please call Early Childhood Division at 703.746.KIDS (5437). Each approved provider is assigned a Child Care Specialist you can contact. Anyone may report suspected cases of child abuse or neglect to Child Protective Services by calling 703.746.5800 or 1.800.552.7096.

How can I become a child care provider?
Child Care Provider Training
Special Certifications 

When do I need a Special Use Permit or a State License?
In the City of Alexandria to care for more than 6 children you must have an Assistant, a State License (call 703.934.1505 for information) and a Special Use Permit (call 703.746.4200 for information).

What are the benefits of becoming an approved provider?
An approved provider can be paid directly by the City to care for those children whose care the City sponsors. Approved providers are listed on the online Approved Child Care Providers List used by parents who contact the Early Childhood Division looking for child care resources.

 Customer Call Center 

Intake for Mental Health,
Intellectual Disability & Substance Abuse Services

In Crisis? Call us now.
24 hours a day:

Emergency Mental Health Services

Detox/Substance Abuse Services

Sexual Assault

Domestic Violence

Child Protective Services
or State

Adult Protective Services