City of Alexandria Announces Schedule of Services for Labor Day on September 3
All City of Alexandria government offices will be closed on Monday, September 3, in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department, 4480 King St.; the Flora Krause Casey Health Center, 1200 N. Howard St.; and the Teen Wellness Center at T.C. Williams High School (3330 King St.) will be closed.
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline at 703.746.5800; the domestic violence hotline, 703.746.4911; the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline, 703.746.3401; and the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be closed from September 1 - 3.
- Parking: On September 3, the Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, as well as time restrictions in residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
- Recreation Centers: The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center will be open from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on September 3. All other City recreation centers will be closed.
- Refuse Collection: Residential trash and recycling will not be collected on September 3. Scheduled collections will be delayed by one day during the week of September 3. The household hazardous waste and electronics recycling collection site will be open on September 1 and closed on September 3.
- State Offices: The following Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on September 3: the Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts, the Clerk of Court Office, and the DMV Office at 2681 Mill Road.
- Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on September 3.