For Immediate Release: June 12, 2012
Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities Announces New Fees for Fiscal Year 2013 - Effective July 1, 2012
On May 7, City Council voted to increase fees in multiple City departments. The increases were made in response to the City’s current economic challenges, the need to meet Fiscal Year 2013 budget goals, and the increased cost of providing these services to residents and the public.
Effective July 1, 2012, the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities will increase fees for Out of School Time 2012-2013 School Year and 2013 Summer Programs. New fees are as follows:
- 2012-2013 School Year Out of School Time Program: $250 per child (September 2012 - June 2013)
- 2013 Summer Program (8-weeks): $50 per child (July 2013 - August 2013)
City of Alexandria will continue to provide fee assistance for those who qualify. Assistance options include:
- Fee assistance is available to those students who qualify for free/reduced lunch, or who receive other government assistance;
- Installment payments (up to 6 months) available;
- Multiple Child discounts (10% for each additional child); and
- 10% discount for full payment at time of registration
For additional information on the approved FY 2013 City of Alexandria Budget, visit http://alexandriava.gov/Budget.
For additional information on the Out of School Time Program, visit http://alexandriava.gov/12382 or call the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities at 703.746.4343.