We believe integrity is central to everything we do and is the key to maintaining the trust of our citizens, colleagues, and criminal justice partners.
- We are truthful in all of our dealings with citizens, colleagues and clients.
- We model positive behavior.
- We observe the highest moral and ethical principles.
- We uphold the U.S. and Commonwealth of Virginia Constitutions.
- We observe Federal, State, and local laws.
- We are consistent in our actions, values, expectations, and outcomes.
We value human life above all else.
- We only use reasonable force to accomplish our mission.
- We always give priority to situations that place human life in jeopardy.
- We strive to improve the lives of those we serve.
- We are compassionate in the discharge of our duties.
- We look for ways to make life better for our community and our nation.
We protect the dignity of others.
- We esteem others regardless of their race, sex, religious beliefs, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.
- We treat others the way we want to be treated.
- We recognize and support the needs and rights of our citizens, clients, and each other.
- We believe that courtesy, understanding, honesty, transparency, personal accountability, and empathy at all levels earn and maintain respect.
- We encourage a work environment where everyone feels valued and is a part of a team performing the important work of the Office.
We strive to do the best we can in everything we do.
- We strive to recruit and employ the best people.
- We provide opportunities to staff that will allow them to achieve their greatest potential.
- We meet nationally recognized professional standards.
- We encourage responsible risk taking.
- We learn from our failures and move on.
- We promote training and education of our staff.
- We encourage new ideas and challenge conventional thinking.
- We seek to employ the best available resources to allow us to successfully perform our mission and attract and train the best people.
- We push ourselves and others to achieve excellence.
We are competent, compassionate people who perform an extremely valuable service, often under challenging circumstances.
- We take pride in our accomplishments.
- We celebrate the accomplishments of others.
- We value and build upon our relationships with each other.
- We attempt to strike a balance between our personal and professional lives.
- We are reliable and disciplined.
- We encourage and support each other.
- We have a positive attitude.
We celebrate and embrace diversity. We recognize that our employees are our most valued asset and that in diversity there is strength.
- We strive to have a workforce reflective of the demographics of the citizens we serve.
- We respect personal differences and values, and embrace them.
- We demonstrate empathy in our dealings with colleagues, clients and citizens.
- We actively seek to understand the views of others.
- We offer opportunities to all, regardless of one's race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs (or non-beliefs), or views.
- We recognize that the needs of others are important.
We give of ourselves to make life better for others. Serving others shows that we care.
- We look for opportunities to contribute to our community.
- We strive every day to make our actions count for good.
- We work not for the glory, but for the satisfaction of helping others.
- We are selfless in our devotion to our duty.
- We actively participate in projects that benefit the City and its citizens.
- We are good neighbors.
We are accountable to our colleagues and the citizens we serve, who are the source of our considerable authority.
- We take ownership of our actions.
- We pledge to hold ourselves to the highest level of ethical standards.
- We thoroughly investigate allegations of misconduct against our staff.
- We manage our resources efficiently and effectively.
- We understand that actions that compromise our position of public trust cannot be tolerated.
"Respect, Responsibility and Results"