For Immediate Release: March 7, 2011
Charles E. Beatley, Jr. Central Library Call for Entries 2011 - 2014
- “Call for Entries” sponsored by the Office of the Arts and Alexandria Commission for the Arts in partnership with the Alexandria Library
- Three-dimensional works only
- No Entry Fee, Digital Submissions Accepted
- Six month exhibitions through 2014
- Deadline for submissions is April 1, 2011, 5 p.m.
- Finalists will be notified by e-mail by Saturday, April 16, 2011.
The Office of the Arts and Alexandria Commission for the Arts in partnership with the Alexandria Libraries seek artist proposals to exhibit their three-dimensional works in the Charles E. Beatley, Jr. Central Library, 5005 Duke St. Proposals will be accepted from individual artists, consortia of artists, and organizations who work and/or live within the City of Alexandria until Friday, April 1, 2011 at 5 p.m.
Exhibitions will run for six months. All works must be original and only three-dimensional works will be accepted. No entry fee required.
Materials to be submitted include: application, resume, artist’s statement, and CD or DVD of images. Complete submissions must be received by Friday, April 1, 2011. Selected artists will be notified by Saturday, April 16, 2011.
The Arts Commission and Office of the Arts, a division of the Department of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities, promote and cultivate the arts in the City of Alexandria.
For more information about the “call for entries,” visit alexandriacommissionforthearts.org or contact the Office of the Arts at 703.746.5588 or by e-mail at email@example.com. In the subject line, mention “Call for Entries 2011-2014.”