Less than a Week Left to Register and Update Virginia Voter Registrations
September 30, 2009
- Voter registration deadline for November 3 Gubernatorial Election is October 5 at 5:00 p.m. Voters can register by mail or in person.
- Alexandria Ballot includes Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Alexandria Commonwealth’s Attorney, and Sheriff.
- Absentee voting is underway.
The legal deadline to register to vote in the November 3, General Election for Governor is Monday, October 5 at 5 p.m. Mail registration applications must be postmarked October 5. The Voter Registration Office at 132 N. Royal St. in Old Town Alexandria will be open on Saturday, October 3 for voter registration.
The same deadlines are in effect for Virginia voters who are registered but have moved within the city or within Virginia. Voters who do not update their applications risk being ineligible to vote on Election Day.
Alexandria voters who are not certain if they are registered at their current address can go online to www.alexandriavoter.org and click on “Am I Registered and Where do I Vote?” or call Voter Registration at 703.746.4050.
The Alexandria Office of Voter Registration and Elections offers the following voter registration methods:
- Citizens may download applications from the Alexandria Office of Voter Registrations and Elections Web site, www.alexandriavoter.org, and submit by mail postmarked on or before October 5, to the Alexandria Voter Registration Office, 132 North Royal (suite 100), Alexandria, VA 22314.
- Mail applications may be obtained at Alexandria Libraries or the Office of Citizens Assistance at City Hall.
- Citizens can register in person at the Alexandria Voter Registration Office and Virginia Dept. of Motor Vehicles Customer Service Centers.
In addition to the methods listed above, Virginia registered voters who need to update their addresses may do so in one of these ways:
- Complete the form on the back of the old Voter I.D. card and mail or fax (703.838.6449) to the Voter Registration Office.
- Complete a voter registration application and mail or fax (703.838.6449) to the Voter Registration Office.
Voter cards for new or transferred registrants will be mailed within one week of the registration date.
In addition to Virginia Governor, the Alexandria ballot includes races for the Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Alexandria Commonwealth’s Attorney, and Sheriff. Sample ballots are posted on www.alexandriavoter.org.
Absentee voting is now in progress. Visit www.alexandriavoter.org or call 703.746.4050 for absentee and other election information.
For more information, contact Andrea Blackford, Communications Officer, at 703.746.3959 or firstname.lastname@example.org.