Election Official Information
Get involved in the process...be a City of Alexandria Election Officer!
The Alexandria Electoral Board compiled this pamphlet to alert registered voters about the opportunity to get involved in the process.
There are 27 precincts in the City of Alexandria, each requiring a minimum of 5 election officers. These officers are needed to maintain a high level of service throughout Election Day.
This is an opportunity to assist in maintaining our democracy. For more information please call 703-746-4050 or visit us at 132 North Royal Street.
Eric L. Spicer
> Apply Online
City of Alexandria Electoral Board
- Susan B. Kellom, Secretary
- Donald E. Ledwig, Chairman
- John F. "Jack" Powers, Vice-Chair
More than 200 election officers are needed to conduct each election (and as many as 500 for the Presidential Electon). Alexandria enjoys an excellent reputation for conducting honest and efficient elections. The City needs your help to maintain this tradition.
- Chief Officer $200
- Assistant Chief Officer $125
- Election Officer $100
- You are a registered voter in Virginia
- You are civic-minded with basic computer user skills
- You must attend a training class prior to Election Day.
- You must be available to work the entire day on Election Day.
- Report for work at 4:45 a.m. on Election Day.
- Prepare the polling place for voting.
- Set up voting equipment.
- Demonstrate voting procedures.
- Verify voter registrations.
- Close polling place.
- Certify the results of the precinct.
Primary elections are scheduled to be held in June and general elections are held every November. Work one or both according to your schedule.
Polling Place Locations
Polling places are located in public buildings, schools, churches, and synagogues. We try to assign you to locations close to your home.
Attend an instruction class held prior to each election.Get involved in the process...be a City of Alexandria Election Officer!