Crystal City-Potomac Yard Transitway Project
- Metroway is coming August 24th!
- See metrowayva.com for all the details.
- Service will run every 12 minutes on weekdays and 20 minutes on weekends from the Braddock Road Metro Station to the Crystal City Metro Station.
- The first phase of Metroway will include dedicated lanes in Alexandria, a branded bus fleet, and near-level boarding at transitway stations.
- A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held the morning of August 23rd.
- The ceremony will start at 9:30 a.m. at the intersection of Route 1 and Swann Ave and is open to the public.
August 2014 Construction Activities
- Construction of the transitway is nearly complete - the contractor is currently finalizing "punch list" details.
- Benches and sign cases will be installed prior to the start of Metroway service.
Starting in 2014, WMATA will run the region's first premium bus transit service along the Crystal City-Potomac Yard Transitway between the Braddock Road and Pentagon City Metrorail stations. The five-mile corridor will offer segments of exclusive running way, frequent service, off-board fare collection, and level boarding. The City of Alexandria, Arlington County, and WMATA have collaborated on the branding to distinguish this new transitway service from other bus services in the region. The service will be called Metroway and will feature a bold, blue vehicle design, which easily distinguishes the vehicle from other services in the area.
Service will run every 12 minutes Monday-Friday and every 20 minutes on weekends. Hours will be:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 5:30 a.m. - midnight
Saturday: 6:30 a.m. - midnight
Sunday: 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Additional Construction Information