Department of Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Activities' Fall 2010 Program Guide Now Available
The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities’ Fall 2010 Program Guide is now available. The program guide highlights City classes, programs, activities and special events occurring September through December 2010. Registration for fall classes and activities begins at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, August 25 for City residents, and Friday, August 27 for nonresidents. Individuals, who subscribe to receive the program guide by mail, will receive it August 10-13.
Individuals who did not subscribe can download a free copy by visiting www.alexandriava.gov/recreation or pick up a printed copy at the following locations:
- Office of Citizen Assistance, City Hall, 301 King St.
- Lloyd House, 220 N. Washington St.
- Charles Barrett Recreation Center, 1115 Martha Custis Dr.
- Charles Houston Recreation Center, 901 Wythe St.
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center, 3210 King St.
- Cora Kelly Recreation Center, 25 W. Reed Ave.
- Dr. Oswald Durant Memorial Recreation Center, 1605 Cameron St.
- Jerome “Buddie” Ford Nature Center, 5750 Sanger Ave.
- Mount Vernon Recreation Center, 2701 Commonwealth Ave.
- Nannie J. Lee Memorial Recreation Center, 1108 Jefferson St.
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center, 4643 Taney Ave.
- William Ramsay Recreation Center, 5650 Sanger Ave.
- Barrett Branch Library, 717 Queen St.
- Beatley Central Library, 5005 Duke St.
- Burke Branch Library, 4701 Seminary Rd.
- Duncan Branch Library, 2501 Commonwealth Ave.
Program guides are mailed to subscribers three times each year: Fall Programs (August); Winter Programs (December); and Spring and Summer Programs (March). To sign up for a free subscription to the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities’ Program Guide, visit www.alexandriava.gov/recreation or call 703.746.4343.