Getting a flu vaccine is the single best way to protect yourself and your loved ones against the flu. Flu vaccines are available now and you can get your vaccine at many places, including doctors’ offices, retail pharmacies, vaccination clinics, some schools and workplaces, and the health department. Everyone six months of age and older should be vaccinated. It could keep you from losing valuable time from work, school and could even save your life. Contact your doctor or visit your local pharmacy to get vaccinated.
Remember that, in addition to flu vaccination, the following can help you fight the flu:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve rather than your hands
- Throw away used tissues immediately in the trash
- Stay home when sick
The Alexandria Health Department is offering flu shots at their immunization clinic, located at 4480 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22302.
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC HOURS:
- Mondays - Appointments ONLY: 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays - Walk-ins: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays - Walk-ins: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Cost of the vaccine is $30 and we accept Medicare Part B. To schedule an appointment, please call 703-746-4888. For additional information about the flu, please visit www.cdc.gov/flu.