Crystal City/Potomac Yard Transitway Project
- WMATA announces Metroway service will begin on the Crystal City/Potomac Yard Transitway on August 24th. Service will run every 12 minutes on weekdays and 20 minutes on weekends from the Braddock Road Metro Station to the Crystal City Metro Station.
- The first phase of Metroway will include dedicated lanes in Alexandria, a branded bus fleet, and near-level boarding at transitway stations.
June-July 2014 Construction Activities
- Construction of the transit lanes is complete.
- Landscaping is complete.
- Crews are installing crosswalks and the panels on transitway stations.
- Installation of street lighting and pedestrian signals is underway.
- Installation of the steel structures for the stations is complete.
- Painting of the steel structures for the stations is complete.
New Premium Transit Service Announced by WMATA
Starting in 2014, WMATA will run the region's first premium bus transit service along the Transitway between the Braddock Road and Pentagon City Metrorail stations. The five-mile corridor will offer segments of exclusive running way, frequent service, off-board fare collection, and level boarding. The City of Alexandria, Arlington County, and WMATA have collaborated on the branding to distinguish this new transitway service from other bus services in the region. The service will be called Metroway and will feature a bold, blue vehicle design, which easily distinguishes the vehicle from other services in the area.
Service will run every 12 minutes Monday-Friday and every 20 minutes on weekends. Hours will be:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 5:30 a.m. - midnight
Saturday: 6:30 a.m. - midnight
Sunday: 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Additional Construction Information