Sponsored clubs provide an accepted recreation/leisure type of wholesome activity. Currently, the following clubs are under our sponsorship:
- Alexandria Coin Club
Meets on the third Wednesday of each month from 7-10 pm at the Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson Street. Call 703.491.0336 for more information.
- Olde Town Fencing Club
Meets Mondays and Wednesdays 8-10pm at Mount Vernon Recreation Center, 2701 Commonwealth Avenue.
- Alexandria Harmonizers Barbershop Quartets and Chorus
Meets every Tuesday night at 7 pm. For more information call 703.836.0969.
- MYO SIM Kendo/Karate Club
Japanese Kendo (fencing) and Iai (sword drawing) classes. New members welcome. The club meets every Monday from 7:30-9:30 pm at the Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson Street. For additional information call 301.262.5266 after 6 pm.
- The Seaport Side Chorus, Alexandria Chapter of the Sweet Adelines International
Meets each Wednesday night at 7pm at Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St. For more information call 703.780.3580.
- The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society
Meets every Wednesday from 8 - 10 pm at the Durant Center, 1605 Cameron Street. For additional information to join or to take a class, call 703.719.0596
For more information or any group interested in sponsorship by the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities, please call 703.746.5414.
- Pool Party
- Includes one hour of swimming and two hour use of a party room.
- $149 for ages 6 and up with adults, max 19 people total (resident rate).
- For information and to make a reservation, call Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility at 703.746.5553.
- Nature Friends Party
- 90-minute party featuring live animals, a nature-oriented activity and a party room.
- $165 per 12 children ages 4-12. Max 12. (resident rate)
- For information and to make a reservation, call Jerome "Buddie" Ford Nature Center at 703.746.5525.
- Soft Play Party
- Includes one hour use of the soft play room and two hour use of a party room.
- Charles Houston Recreation Center: $90 per 16 children ages 0-5. Max 16, adults free. (resident rate) Call 703.746.5552 to reserve.
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility: $149 for ages 0-5 with adults, max 16 people total (resident rate). Call 703.746.5553 to reserve.
- Wow! What A Party!
- Includes choice of themes, decorations, activities, two hour use of a party room and a party coordinator.
- $370. Max 35. (resident rate) Call 703.746.5552 to reserve.
- For information and to make a reservation, call Charles Houston Recreation Center at 703.746.5552.
Please note: All rentals require 4 weeks notice, any necessary permitting and receipt of payment to confirm reservation.
Recreation Center Advisory Councils - Help Shape the Future of Recreation in Your Neighborhood
- Charles Barrett Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5551 for information.
- Charles Houston Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5552 for information.
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility
Call 703.746.5493 for information.
- Cora Kelly Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5554 for information.
- Mount Vernon Recreation Center
- Nannie J. Lee Memorial Center
Call 703.746.5550 for information.
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5557 for information.
- William Ramsay Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5558 for information.
Please call the recreation center in your neighborhood or
click here for additional information.
Registration & Reservation Office
For information, to register for a program, or to make a park, picnic or room reservation, contact the Registration & Reservation Office 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
By phone: 703.746.5414
In Person: at Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson Street, Alexandria, VA 22314