FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 1, 2008
City of Alexandria Announces Schedule of Services
For Independence Day, July 4
All City of Alexandria government offices will be closed on Friday, July 4, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
• Recreation Centers: The Chinquapin Park Recreation Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on July 4. All other City recreation centers will be closed.
• Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be closed on July 4.
• Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on July 4.
• Refuse Collection: All residential trash and recycling will be collected on a regular schedule Monday through Thursday, June 30 – July 3. There is no collection on Friday, July 4.
• Parking: On July 4, the Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, as well as time restrictions in residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
• State Offices: The following Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on July 4: the Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts, the Clerk of Court Office, and the DMV Office at 2681 Mill Road.
• Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department (4480 King St.), the Flora Krause Casey Health Center at 1200 N. Howard St., and the Adolescent Health Center at 3701 W. Braddock Road will be closed on July 4.
• Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operated by the Alexandria Office on Women operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the domestic violence hotline, 703.838.4911, and the sexual assault hotline, 703.683.7273.