During the 2nd Community Dialogue on January 29th, the City of Alexandria tested and evaluated live Internet video engagement. This online option served as a Virtual Table, allowing community members who could not attend in person to watch it unfold in real time, participate with other viewers in group exercises through a moderated live chat, and tell us what they thought of this tool for future use.
The community again had the opportunity to participate in the City's Virtual Table during the 3rd and 4th Community Dialogues.
View the video webcasts and chat sessions:
Below are some of the comments we received from Virtual Table participants:
- "Hi, I'm [redacted]... live in Del Ray, 3 kids 5 under. Life is busy so I'm happy for the online access :)"
- "Thanks again for doing this, what a great experience!"
- "This went very smoothly."
- "Nice option for the City to use moving forward."
- "Thought this went great. Would be great to have a 'cheat sheet' to the side to remind us of the categories, but this was well done online."
- "I am happy with the progress the City staff is making toward “livestream” and chat participation. Kudos, [redacted]! This is a tremendous tool, and can fulfill the needs of many persons with disabilities like me. I have confidence you are going to work out all the bugs."
For more information about What's Next Alexandria, contact Jerome Fletcher 703.746.3727 or send an email to email@example.com.