Mirant Community Monitoring Group (MCMG)
MCMG Meeting - June 9, 2011
- Information Package #1
- Information Package #2
- The purpose of this meeting was to update MCMG members and the public on the progress of the "Project" under the City/GenOn Agreement. This meeting was co-chaired by Councilwoman Del Pepper and Councilman Paul Smedberg. The above information packages were shared with the attendees. On the basis of bids received by contractors, staff was optimistic that initial objective of installing baghouse on units 3, 4, and 5 and ESP upgrades on Units 1, and 2 was achievable within the project budget. Key highlight of the meeting was to share projected schedule for the Phase II (Stack fine particulate emissions control) of the project, which is as follows:
- June 2011 to August 2011 - Technical and commercial terms and conditions negotiations with top contractors.
- Sep 1, 2011 – Target date for EPC contract award and “limited notice to proceed – for engineering” to the contractor.
- Sep 1, 2011 to March 30, 2012 –Full Engineering and obtain VDEQ permit for the baghouse installation.
- April 1, 2012 – Target date for “full notice to proceed” to contractor allowing procuring materials and fabrication.
- Fall 2012 – Target date for First baghouse installation
- Spring 2013 - Second baghouse installation
- Fall 2013 – Third baghouse installation
- Additionally, several new regulatory developments were discussed at the meeting. It included discussion of the Sierra Club’s letter to VDEQ regarding new 1 hr- SO2 standard. Staff is planning to independently review monitoring data and conduct modeling. This will allow City to provide comments to VDEQ and EPA with respect to designations which are due to be made by USEPA in June 2012.
MCMG Meeting - October 8, 2009
MCMG Meeting - June 29, 2009
MCMG Meeting - June 16, 2009
MCMG Meeting - December 18, 2008
MCMG Meeting - June 30, 2008
MCMG Meeting - January 17, 2008
MCMG Meeting - November 8, 2007
MCMG Meeting - May 15, 2007
MCMG Meeting - February 6, 2007
Final Mirant Consent Order - March 9, 2009
City Council Approves Settlement with Mirant - July 1, 2008
Mirant's Potomac River Generating Station Facility Permits
State Air Pollution Control Board Meeting - March 20, 2008
Mirant Potomac River Generating Station Stack Merge Project Information
ATSDR Open House to Address Community Air Quality Concerns relating to Mirant Potomac River Generating Station - August 2, 2007
City's Comments on the Changes to the Virginia CAIR Regulation
State Air Pollution Control Board Meeting, Lexington, Virginia - April 10, 2007
Virginia State Air Pollution Control Board Meeting - March 26, 2007
Archive of Other Resolutions, Meeting Agendas, and Correspondence 2004-2006
- MCMG resolution entitled " Environmental Concerns Regarding Downwash and Trona Injections at Potomac River Generating Station".
- MCMG Meeting (4/3/2006) Agenda and Handouts
- MCMG December 14, 2005 meeting agenda and handouts containing press releases, correspondences with Mirant and VADEQ, etc.
- Draft Agenda for MCMG, September 28, 2005
- Draft Agenda for MCMG, May 3, 2005
- MCMG Meeting February 10, 2005
- MCMG/2005-02-10 - Meeting Agenda
- MCMG/2004-12-02 - Chimento Comments on Modeling Protocol
- MCMG/2004-12-02 - Meeting Agenda
- 2004-11-15 - The second MCMG meeting is scheduled for Thursday, December 2, 2004 in the City Council Work Room at 7:30 pm. More to follow.
- 2004-11-01 - First meeting of the MCMG was held at Lyceum. It was a well attended meeting and representatives from VA department of Environmental Quality made presentation and answered group's questions.
- Membership of the MCMG
- MCMG/2004-11-02 - Waud Comments on Modeling Protocol
- MCMG/2004-10-14 - Press Release MCMG Formation
- MCMG/2004-10-07 - City Manager to Mayor - Consider Forming MCMG
- MCMG/Chimento & Hertel - PM2.5 Study