Old Town Area Parking Study
In 2015, the City reconvened the Old Town Area Parking Study (OTAPS) Work Group to continue reviewing and making recommendations on parking management in the Old Town area. The Work Group will review and discuss potential changes to existing metered parking restrictions, Old Town residential permit parking restrictions and prioritize recommendations for the Traffic and Parking Board and City Council.
The next OTAPS meeting will be held Tuesday, August 11th in City Hall, Sister Cities Conference Room 1101. The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. and is open to the public.
2015 OTAPS Meetings
January 28, 2015 Agenda Presentation Audio Video
February 25, 2015 Agenda Presentation Background Audio Video
March 25, 2015 Agenda Presentation Background Audio Video
April 29, 2015 Agenda Presentation Background Audio Video
May 27, 2015 Agenda Presentation Background Audio Video
June 11, 2015 Agenda Draft Recommendations Presentation Audio Video
June 24, 2015 Agenda Presentation Audio Video
August 11, 2015 Agenda Recommendations Chart Presentation Audio Video
Old Town Area Parking Study Work Group
The Old Town Area Parking Study Work Group is a City Manager appointed stakeholder group, which was established to discuss key findings and recommendations from the recently conducted Old Town Area Parking Study and to advise staff. The Work Group will be discussing implementation of specific recommendations as directed by City Council. The meetings are open to the public and will occur monthly through May.
Work Group Members
- Jody Manor - Alexandria Restaurant Association
- Alexandria Hotel Association - Appointment Pending
- Bert Ely - Old Town Civic Association
- Yvonne Weight Callahan - Old Town Civic Association
- Aimee Houghton - Upper King St. Neighborhood Association
Gentry - West Old Town Citizens Association
- Charlotte Hall - Alexandria Chamber of Commerce
- Jim Novak - U.S. PTO
- Kent Fee - Alexandria Commission on Persons with Disabilities
- Stew Dunn - Planning Commission
- Howard Bergman - Waterfront Commission
- Nate Macek - Transportation Commission
- Elizabeth Todd - Old Town Boutique District
- Danielle Romanetti - Old Town Business & Professional Association
- Roger Parks - Small Business Representative
- Mark Abramson - Citizen Representative
- Mark Feldheim - Citizen Representative
- Rob Kaufman - Real Estate Developer, PMA Properties
- Andrew Blair - Garage Owner/Operator
2012 Meeting Materials
October 16, 2012
September 11, 2012
August 28, 2012
August 14, 2012
July 31, 2012
July 17, 2012
June 18, 2012
2010 Meeting Materials
August 31, 2010
August 17, 2010
The work group discussed valet parking in the City, the parking implications of the proposed Waterfront Concept Plan, the proposed Wayfinding program, and the relationship of these subjects to the use of parking garages in the Old Town area. The group also discussed ways of improving the usage of parking garages and parking lots.
August 3, 2010
The work group discussed the addition of new meters in commercial blocks and implementation of the proposed policy to require payment of meter fees by disabled users, also known as the "All May Park, All Must Pay" policy.
July 20, 2010
The work group discussed the time limits for non-permit holders in residential permit parking zones and the installation of meters in residential permit parking zones for use by non-permit holders.
July 6, 2010
The work group discussed extending the hours of operation for parking meters and reducing the allowable maximum time at some of the existing metered spaces.
June 29, 2010
The work group received an overview of the Old Town Area Parking Study and reveiwed the purpose and goals of the appointed work group. The group also reviewed the short- and long-term recommendation topics scheduled to be addressed during the work group sessions.
For more information, please contact Katye North at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-746-4139.