Parking Information for the BRAC-133 Area
Due to the BRAC-133 move to the Mark Center in the West End of the City of Alexandria, which is scheduled to occur in September of 2011, parking in the neighborhoods surrounding the BRAC-133 site is currently being evaluated for preemptive parking protection measures. It is the intent of the City to discourage commuters to the Mark Center site from parking in the residential areas. Several options for protection of residential parking are being evaluated to determine a residential parking protection plan.
- Please be advised that signs for the Daytime Parking District are scheduled to be installed by close of business on Tuesday, August 30, and we are doing our best to complete installation of signs for activated block faces within the Daytime Parking District by the planned August 30 implementation date. However, due to demands on staff resources from the earthquake and hurricane events, all of those signs may not get installed by August 30. As a result, enforcement will not start until the Tuesday, September 6, 2011.
- Comments and questions can be submitted to Faye Dastgheib, Parking Planner, at (703) 746-4139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposed Timeline for Residential Parking Modifications
|August 2010 - February 1, 2011
||Staff gathers input from BRAC-133 area neighborhood representatives
|February 10, 2011
||Resident feedback meeting
|March 28, 2011
||Traffic & Parking Board Meeting and Public Hearing
||Staff drafts modifications to City Code for parking protection plan
|May 9, 2011
||Staff presents proposed Code modifications to City Council at legislative meeting
|May 14, 2011
||City Council Public Hearing
||Reserved for modifications and return to Council if necessary
|July & August 2011
||Residential blocks petition for modifications and signage is installed
BRAC-133 Neighborhood Parking Meeting Materials
- February 10, 2011 BRAC Neighborhood Parking Plan Resident Feedback Meeting
- December 2, 2010 Residential Permit Parking Program Neighborhood Representative Input Meeting
- September 23, 2010 Residential Permit Parking Program Informational Meeting for Neighborhood Representatives
- August 18, 2010 Residential Permit Parking Informational Meeting for Neighborhood Representatives
For more information on parking in the BRAC-133 area, please contact Faye Dastgheib, Parking Planner at email@example.com or 703-746-4139.