To: xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx
From: Michele Evans/Alex
Date: 05/14/2008 02:55PM
cc: Tony Castrilli/Alex@Alex, text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting
Subject: Re: NS

Hi Adam,
When you call them you need to let them know we plan to tell Council we have encouraged Norfolk Southern to meet with the community.   We are planning to distribute our memo to the business and civic groups in the area once we give it to Council. i expect that the Council will get the memo tomorrow a.m.

Tony and Steve are to compile the list of groups.   Looking ahead a community meeting would probably be expected to occur next week.  You ,Mark Penn, Tony and Steve would also be there, but we would be expecting NS to take the lead and explain things.
thanks
Michele
Inactive hide details for Adam Thiel/Alex Adam Thiel/Alex

          Adam Thiel/Alex

text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting, "Michele Evans" <text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting>, "City Attorney Ignacio Pessoa" <text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting>

cc

Subject

NS
Just an idea:

How do we feel about my calling Doug McNeil with NS and telling him: a) they're not well-served by pushing on the hauling permit issue, since it will likely arouse a move to adopt a more stringent regulatory scheme than that presently imposed by ordinance; and b) that we've received our first citizen inquiry (to Council) about 'those tank cars,' as a harbinger of things to come?

It may help take things to the next level, which is where we need to be by tomorrow.

Just let me know and I'll call him; I have his cell#.