Fw: Norfolk Southern Ethanol Transloading

  • To: Michael_Cross/Alex%Alex
  • Subject: Fw: Norfolk Southern Ethanol Transloading
  • From: Chad_Lallier/Alex%ALEX
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 20:21:01 -0400
I see your still involved, Lucky you!!!
-----Forwarded by Chad Lallier/Alex on 04/08/2008 08:22PM -----

To: Douglas McDaniel/Alex@Alex, Norman Smith/Alex@Alex, Chad Lallier/Alex@Alex, Larry Lee/Alex@Alex, Joe Beavan/Alex@Alex, Gregory Cook/Alex@Alex, Michael Faber/Alex@Alex, Sean Ferguson/Alex@Alex
From: Douglas McDaniel/Alex
Date: 04/07/2008 08:02AM

Douglas McDaniel, Captain
Fire Station 208 A-Shift
xxx-xxx-xxxx

-----Forwarded by Douglas McDaniel/Alex on 04/07/2008 08:02 -----

To: Joe Hoffmaster/Alex@Alex, Tony Washington/Alex@Alex, Mark Leischner/Alex@Alex, James Bayliss/Alex@Alex, Michael Sharpe/Alex@Alex, Joe Beavan/Alex@Alex, Douglas McDaniel/Alex@Alex, Thurston McClain/Alex@Alex, Glenn Sengstack/Alex@Alex, Doug Townshend/Alex@Alex
From: Christopher Leischner/Alex
Date: 04/05/2008 07:43

-----Forwarded by Christopher Leischner/Alex on 04/05/2008 07:42AM -----

To: Christopher Leischner/Alex@Alex, Thomas Harrell/Alex@Alex, Michael Farri/Alex@Alex
From: Russell Middleton/Alex
Date: 04/04/2008 08:53PM

Need for units to familiarize themselves with this operation. Also, need to have a Incident Action Plan drawn up.
Chief Farri, if I am not mistaken, Captain Cross did the last one. Now that we know this is real, as well as where, Captain Cross (with help from Captain McDaniel and LeCruise) can complete a plan. Give me an idea of how long a plan will take after doing a survey. I would also like a Powerpoint that can be shown in a training session. This will be slightly down the road.
Chief Middleton...
----- Forwarded by Russell Middleton/Alex  on 04/04/2008 08:46 PM  -----

          Russell Middleton/Alex

Joe Hoffmaster/Alex@Alex, Christopher Leischner/Alex@Alex, Michael Brown/Alex@Alex, Thomas Harrell/Alex@Alex, Dwayne Bonnette/Alex@Alex, Michael Farri/Alex@Alex, Chet Helms/Alex@Alex, John North/Alex@Alex

cc

Byron Andrews III/Alex@Alex, Briant Atkins/Alex@Alex, Gerald Fair/Alex@Alex, Troy Gibbs/Alex@Alex, Luis Santano/Alex@Alex, LeddyAnne Dell/Alex@Alex, Jeanne Rexroad/Alex@Alex, Michael Keske/Alex@Alex, Nel Hanson/Alex@Alex, Sally Price/Alex@Alex, Michael Dewalt/Alex@Alex

Subject

Norfolk Southern Ethanol Transloading
     This is notification of ethanol being transloaded in the Norfolk Southern facility. At this point, the transloading has not started, however, based on observations from Code Enforcement and our Fire Marshal's, transloading may be only days away. It should be noted that Norfolk Southern did not build an ethanol facility as was first talked about several months ago. It appears that the transloading will be done from rail car to tank car and then transported.
     There is much to do as admittedly we do not have the equipment or supplies to handle a fire at this site. In the interim, our NOVA partners will be notified and alerted of our dilemma. There will be on going talks at high levels of city government and resources and equipment needs in order to manage an incident with ethanol involved will be emphasized. Please share this with those under your command. More will be given as we are informed.
Chief Middleton...