Fw: interesting call

  • To: Mayor Euille; Mayor Euille; Del Pepper; Ludwig Gaines; Rob Krupicka; Paul Smedberg; Timothy Lovain; Justin Wilson
  • Subject: Fw: interesting call
  • From: Ignacio Pessoa/Alex
  • Date: 29 May 2008 13:43:56
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: Jim Hartmann; Michele Evans; Mark Jinks; Adam Thiel; Rich Baier; Bernard Caton

FYI, as I see council was copied on the original e-mail.
----- Forwarded by Ignacio Pessoa/Alex on 05/29/2008 01:40 PM -----
Ignacio Pessoa/Alex

05/29/2008 10:50 AM

"mindylyle" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, Aiken Tim, xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx
Re: FW: interesting callLink

Mindy, Tim and Ingrid:

        There is some misunderstanding here.  The legislation to which you refer below is not the law which preempts the ethanol facility from local zoning regulation.  That statute, adopted in its current form in 1995, is 49 USC 10501(b).

        The legislation referred to below was part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2008, Pub. L. No. 110-161, Section 193.  What that recent legislation accomplishes is a partial carve out from federal preemption for solid waste transloading operations.  Justin mentioned this sold waste legislation during the meeting, but this was only as an example of what the City might seek from Congress.  It has no application to the ethanol facility here.

        Give me a call if you want to discuss this.  xxx-xxx-xxxx, or cell xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Ignacio

"mindylyle" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>

05/29/2008 10:30 AM

<text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting>
FW: interesting call

Please see the email below

Mindy Lyle
5235 Tancreti Lane
Alexandria, VA  22304
xxx-xxx-xxxx

This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and is not for
distribution or publication. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute
this email without the author's prior permission.  The information contained
in this communication may be confidential.