Fw: Ethanol Plan

  • To: Adam Thiel
  • Subject: Fw: Ethanol Plan
  • From: Robert Rodriguez/Alex
  • Date: 27 May 2008 16:02:51
  • Bcc: Russell Furr/Alex
  • Cc: John Catlett

Chief,

Below is the official info on spill containment from Norfolk Southern which is considerably better than out rough field calculations.  This provides capacity to contain product from 17 railcars.  Today there were 15 railcars on site.

Also, I found my old e-mail which indicated that the transloading facility went on line April 9.

Bob

Robert B. Rodriguez
Chief Fire Marshal
Alexandria Fire Department / Code Enforcement
301 King Street, Room 4200
Alexandria, Virginia 22314

Office  xxx-xxx-xxxx
Direct xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. 118
Fax     xxx-xxx-xxxx

----- Forwarded by Robert Rodriguez/Alex on 05/27/2008 03:47 PM -----
Russell Furr/Alex

Robert Rodriguez/Alex@Alex
Ethanol Plan

Mr. Rosenthal just called me - he stated that the official capacity of the containment as engineered when the site was built is 515,282 gallons, considerably higher than our estimate.  He could not provide the dimensions, but said this came from the engineers in Atlanta that calculated the design.  That was also calculating the odd shaped areas he said.

Also, he stated that they are trying to schedule the continuity test within the next two weeks, either this Saturday or next.  He said it might take a few days, he should have a date by the end of the week.

Russell A. Furr
Assistant Fire Marshal
Code Enforcement Bureau
xxx-xxx-xxxx, ext. 128