Fw: Remaining Issues at NSRC's Ethanol Transloading Facility in Alexandria

  • To: Adam Thiel; Ignacio Pessoa
  • Subject: Fw: Remaining Issues at NSRC's Ethanol Transloading Facility in Alexandria
  • From: Rich Baier/Alex
  • Date: 27 May 2008 08:12:09
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: Joan Wagner

Per our conversation Ignacio, I will have staff issue the permit to Norfolk Southern given the information below.  I have copied Joan Wagner and we will send you a copy of the completed and scanned document.  Rich

Richard J. Baier, P.E.
Director
Transportation and Environmental Services

----- Forwarded by Rich Baier/Alex on 05/27/2008 08:09 AM -----
"McNeil, Doug" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>

Lawson David <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Edwards, John, V" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Jordan, A. Gayle" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Webb, Mike" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Chapman, Robin C." <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Wingo, William B." <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>
Subject
Remaining Issues at NSRC's Ethanol Transloading Facility in Alexandria

Rich Baier:

You have asked Norfolk Southern Railway Company to provide certain information that normally would be required for an Application for Hauling Permit.  Although we understand that we need not actually obtain an actual Hauling Permit, we are pleased to provide you, for City purposes, the information that would otherwise be required.  We have contacted the ethanol distributor (Motiva) and forwarded a link to the application form on the website for them to forward to the truckers.  We have also informed Motiva of your request to have the applications E-mailed directly to you.  We believe they have forwarded this information to the trucking companies.

Job Address: 1000 South Van Dorn Street, Alexandria, VA

Mailing Address: Three Commercial Place, Norfolk, VA 23510

Contact Persons: Doug McNeil or Mike Webb

Daytime Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Hauling From: Metro Road - Van Dorn Connector, Alexandria, VA

Hauling To: Various via I-95 Interchange 173

Date Hauling Began: April 9, 2008

Completion Date: None

Requested Hauling Hours: 24 hours per day, 7 days per week

Below please find the contact information for the trucking companies currently hauling from the facility.  To reiterate, these trucking companies are not our contractors and we are not in a position to enforce this city ordinance.

Mike Torrissisr

Dana Transport

46 Mantua Grove Road

Paulsboro, NJ  02066

xxx-xxx-xxxx

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

Kevin McNeil

Fleet Transit

3225 Tate Street

Baltimore, MD 21226

xxx-xxx-xxxx

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

Douglas P. McNeil
Director Government & Distribution Services
Norfolk Southern Corporation
Three Commercial Place
Norfolk, VA 23510
xxx-xxx-xxxx