Re: Ethanol transloading at the NS intermodal facility in Alexandria, VA

  • To: Adam Thiel
  • Subject: Re: Ethanol transloading at the NS intermodal facility in Alexandria, VA
  • From: Jim Hartmann/Alex
  • Date: 14 Apr 2008 09:20:29
  • Bcc:
  • Cc:

Keep us posted on response or lack thereof.

Jim Hartmann
Alexandria City Manager
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Adam Thiel/Alex

04/14/2008 08:52 AM

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx
cc
Michele Evans/Alex@Alex, Jim Hartmann/Alex@Alex, Cameron Hall/Alex@Alex
Subject
Ethanol transloading at the NS intermodal facility in Alexandria, VA

Mr. David T. Lawson, Vice President
Norfolk Southern Corporation

Dear Mr. Lawson:

By way of introduction, my name is Adam Thiel and I'm the "new" Alexandria fire chief.

I'm writing to seek your assistance with addressing the potential impacts of ethanol transloading at the NS intermodal facility here in Alexandria. While I'm not yet completely familiar with the history of this facility, my present understanding is that ethanol transloading operations have been recently initiated on the site.

I'd like to get together with you and your team at your earliest convenience to discuss the transloading operation and how the Alexandria Fire Department can ensure we are properly prepared, trained, and equipped to protect your facility and our City.

Please feel free to contact me directly using the information below, or on my mobile# xxx-xxx-xxxx.

I look forward to meeting you soon.

Best regards,

Adam K. Thiel, MPA, MIFireE, CFO, CEM
Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Fax: xxx-xxx-xxxx
E-mail: text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting