Fw: Alexandria VA FD - Norfolk Southern Conference Call May 9, 4:00 PM

  • To: Byron Andrews III; John North
  • Subject: Fw: Alexandria VA FD - Norfolk Southern Conference Call May 9, 4:00 PM
  • From: James Lynch/Alex
  • Date: 12 May 2008 08:26:19
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: Virginia Lester

John and Byron: didn't see the attachment.  From note, appears we are going to be purchasing equipment, supplies and training.  Is Norfolk-Southern picking up the bill directly?  Or do we purchase and they reimburse? Or is it some sort of split of funds between N-S and the City?

Please advise.

thanks

Jim
----- Forwarded by James Lynch/Alex on 05/12/2008 08:24 AM -----
Adam Thiel/Alex

05/10/2008 10:07 AM

"McNeil, Doug" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>
cc
Subject
Re: Alexandria VA FD - Norfolk Southern Conference Call May 9, 4:00 PMLink

Doug/Mike:

Me too. Again, we appreciate Norfolk Southern's willingness to partner with the City of Alexandria in protecting our people, infrastructure, and your investment.

Battalion Chief John North will work directly with your designee(s) to parse the list of ethanol fire/spill response equipment and provide specifications/vendor information for the agreed-upon equipment/supplies/training. We agree with your sense of urgency in developing the final list and securing the needed items as soon as possible.

I'll be out-of-the-office next week with (potentially) limited email/phone access. I've copied BC North and Captain Byron Andrews (my executive officer) on this email; please 'reply all' so they can make sure we continue our positive communication without interruption. I've also copied Jim Lynch, our administrative services division chief, and Assistant City Attorney George McAndrews, to help ensure compliance with any/all applicable state/City regulations for procuring/accepting donated items from Norfolk Southern Corporation.

We look forward to hearing from you Monday to start locking-down the details of our ongoing partnership.

All the best,

Adam