Fw: Norfolk Southern Ethanol Transloading

  • To: Joe Hoffmaster; Christopher Leischner; Michael Brown; Thomas Harrell; Dwayne Bonnette; Michael Farri; Chet Helms; John North
  • Subject: Fw: Norfolk Southern Ethanol Transloading
  • From: Russell Middleton/Alex
  • Date: 08 Apr 2008 10:25:02
  • Bcc: Adam Thiel Adam Thiel
  • Cc:

I want to emphasize again that the information given MUST be shared with your captains. They in turn should share the information with their companies. This keeps all informed. If this has not been done, do so immediately.
Chief Middleton...

----- Forwarded by Russell Middleton/Alex on 04/08/2008 10:18 AM -----
Russell Middleton/Alex

Joe Hoffmaster/Alex, Christopher Leischner/Alex, Michael Brown/Alex, Thomas Harrell/Alex, Dwayne Bonnette/Alex, Michael Farri/Alex, Chet Helms/Alex, John North/Alex
cc
Byron Andrews III/Alex@Alex, Briant Atkins/Alex@Alex, Gerald Fair/Alex@Alex, Troy Gibbs/Alex@Alex, Luis Santano/Alex@Alex, LeddyAnne Dell/Alex@Alex, Jeanne Rexroad/Alex@Alex, Michael Keske/Alex@Alex, Nel Hanson/Alex@Alex, Sally Price/Alex@Alex, Michael Dewalt/Alex@Alex
Subject
Norfolk Southern Ethanol Transloading

        This is notification of ethanol being transloaded in the Norfolk Southern facility. At this point, the transloading has not started, however, based on observations from Code Enforcement and our Fire Marshal's, transloading may be only days away. It should be noted that Norfolk Southern did not build an ethanol facility as was first talked about several months ago. It appears that the transloading will be done from rail car to tank car and then transported.
        There is much to do as admittedly we do not have the equipment or supplies to handle a fire at this site. In the interim, our NOVA partners will be notified and alerted of our dilemma. There will be on going talks at high levels of city government and resources and equipment needs in order to manage an incident with ethanol involved will be emphasized. Please share this with those under your command. More will be given as we are informed.
Chief Middleton...