Fw: Alexandria VA FD - Norfolk Southern

  • To: "Jim Hartmann" <text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting>
  • Subject: Fw: Alexandria VA FD - Norfolk Southern
  • From: Michele Evans/Alex
  • Date: 07 May 2008 14:10:53
  • Bcc:
  • Cc:

Any thoughts on this?

    ----- Original Message -----

    From: Adam Thiel
    Sent: 05/07/2008 01:36 PM EDT
    To: Michele Evans; Jim Hartmann; Ignacio Pessoa
    Cc: George McAndrews; Tony Castrilli; Steve Mason

Please see the attached response from NSC; it's a start, but doesn't go far enough in meeting our needs.

I spoke with Doug McNeil, told him we'll review their response, and to expect a call from Mr. Castrilli regarding the imminent "community conversation" about the facility/operation.

I think we should "appreciate" their willingness to contribute the trailer/foam, but take a hard line in further negotiations (there is room for some compromise, but I'm disinclined to do so, considering our present negative fiscal situation v. NSC's positive one); I also think we should ask them to come up for a meeting this Friday to discuss further.

Bottom-line: The trailer/foam doesn't do us a bit of good without a dedicated tow vehicle, which we don't currently possess. Furthermore, we need to do a lot more training than sending 1 person/year to TTCI. I'm OK with reducing the annual maintenance fee, but we still need to get something for depreciation and ongoing training/upkeep.

Let me know how to proceed...

Adam K. Thiel
Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Fax: xxx-xxx-xxxx
E-mail: text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting

----- Forwarded by Adam Thiel/Alex on 05/07/2008 01:28 PM -----
"McNeil, Doug" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>

<text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting>
cc
"Webb, Mike" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, "Edwards, John, V" <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>, Lawson David <xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx>
Subject
RE: Alexandria VA FD - Norfolk Southern

Adam:

Attached is Norfolk Southern’s response.  A hard copy will be mailed.

Doug McNeil
Director Government & Distribution Services
xxx-xxx-xxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx (cell)