Re: Norfolk Southern Ethanol Transloading

  • Subject: Re: Norfolk Southern Ethanol Transloading
  • From: Adam Thiel/Alex
  • Date: 06 Apr 2008 02:12:09
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: "Cameron Hall" <text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting>; "Michele Evans" <text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting>

DO NOT FORWARD

Another important thing to mention:

The City will likely be negotiating with Norfolk Southern to obtain (at least some of) the resources needed to protect the ethanol transloading operation. So...it is imperative that we use the utmost discretion in any dealings with the railroad and its contractors. Any discussions with the aforementioned should be at a tactical level and must include oversight from Chief North and/or a designated member of our Command/OEM staff. We must "stick to the facts" regarding our current operational/resource profile and leave any strategic discussions for the CMO and City Attorney, with direct involvement from me and John Catlett and/or Chief Rodriguez.

We'll be setting a meeting next week to discuss this matter in more detail.