Fw: Ethanol Transfer Use

  • To: text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting
  • Subject: Fw: Ethanol Transfer Use
  • From: Jim Hartmann/Alex
  • Date: 02 Jan 2008 17:26:49
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting; text converted to image to prevent junkmail harvesting

This was our response on the ethanol transfer use.

Jim Hartmann
Alexandria City Manager
xxx-xxx-xxxx

----- Forwarded by Jim Hartmann/Alex on 01/02/2008 05:23 PM -----
Richard Josephson/Alex

08/25/2006 11:34 AM

xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx
cc
xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx, xxxxxxxx@xxxx.xxx, Ignacio Pessoa/Alex@Alex, Jim Hartmann/Alex@Alex, Mark Jinks/Alex@Alex, Eileen Fogarty/Alex@Alex, Rich Baier/Alex@Alex, Jill Applebaum/Alex@Alex, Arthur Dahlberg/Alex, Jannine Pennell/Alex@Alex
Subject
Ethanol Transfer Use

David,

I wanted to get back to you on the question as to whether the proposed ethanol transfer use at the Norfolk Southern facility in Alexandria is a use permitted by right or requires a Special Use Permit. After a review of the information you provided on the proposed facility, we have concluded that the use is a railroad operating facility under the UT zone regulations, and is permitted only with a Special Use Permit. The basis for our determination is that ethanol transfer is a new use and would constitute an intensification of the existing use.

Please let me know if you want to pursue the Special Use Permit and we can discuss the timing for consideration by Planning Commission and City Council as well as outreach to the community.

Rich Josephson
Deputy Director
Department of Planning and Zoning
Alexandria, VA   22314