E-mail Timeline

Fw: Re: Fw: Ethanol Transfer Station at the Piggy Back Railyard on Metro Road

  • To: Russell_Middleton%Alex
  • Subject: Fw: Re: Fw: Ethanol Transfer Station at the Piggy Back Railyard on Metro Road
  • From: Michael_Farri%ALEX
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:58:01 -0500
  • Cc: Adam_Thiel%Alex
FYI-  Captain Cross and myself were looking over the F.M's memo in regards to the "Ethanol Station " that is in the works and is due to be up and running by this April.  I believe we need to get started with a ops plan and try to get ahead of this before it gets put in service.  Attached are some very serious issues that need to be consider as we develop a plan.  As it stands right now, it appears that we do not have enough resources in place to handle a large spill if it were to occur.  Also if we had to set up hot zone (1000 feet) this would involve the area where we would like to build a fire station as well as the Van Dorn Metro station and plenty of residency areas.   Maybe we could get the people that own the ethanol station to support us with our resource needs before they start or finalize the project.  Anyway please read the below memo that Captain Cross put together.

Thanks

Michael Farri
Battalion Chief
Alexandria Fire Department