E-mail Timeline

Status of Review of Norfolk Southern's Plans

  • To: Ignacio Pessoa
  • Subject: Status of Review of Norfolk Southern's Plans
  • From: Mark Jinks
  • Date: 07 Aug 2006 16:40:32
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: Richard Josephson

Today we were talking with various departments (including Chris S.) about the Virginia Paving process, and I asked if we have an answer yet to the question that was raised in  June, in regard to whether or not Norfolk Southern has a by-right ability (their view) to build and operate an ethanol off-loading facility at their side trackage lot off of  Eisenhower Avenue, or whether or not they need an SUP.  Norfolk Southern has off-loaded trains at that site for eons, however not off-loading ethanol.

It was my understanding that you had been asked for an opinion as to whether or not an SUP is required, but when I asked today no one (TES, P&Z, etc) knew  if your office had yet reached a conclusion.