E-mail Timeline

Ethanol Transfer Use

  • To: Jill Applebaum
  • Subject: Ethanol Transfer Use
  • From: Richard Josephson
  • Date: 12 Jul 2006 15:45:13
  • Bcc:
  • Cc:

Did Ignacio mention anything to you about my question to him about whether or not the transfer of ethanol from rail cars to tanker trucks would be a permitted use or not. I spoke with him a couple weeks ago and brought it up. It's in a UT zone which allows a railroad switching yard as a matter of right and a railroad repair and operating facility as a SUP. The property is currently being used as a rail offloading facility. I have some literature on what they want to do, if you are interested. There was a meeting with Norfolk Southern several weeks ago where we told them we would look into this and get back to them. They want to start doing this in the fall. (btw, this is right across the tracks from Virginia Paving). Could you ket me know if you or Ignacio has an opinion on this. Thanks