New Potomac Yard Metrorail Station
A new Metrorail station is being planned along the Yellow and Blue lines in the Potomac Yard area. The project is currently undergoing the environmental review process and location identification, with three locations under consideration, as well as a no-build alternative. A working group. the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Group, has been established to coordinate with City staff on the project. To learn more about the environmental review process, visit the webpage at potomacyardmetro.com or view the EIS Newsletter.
- On September 21, 2013, City Council received a tour and comprehensive briefing on Potomac Yard issues. The tour and briefing were open to the public. Please see below for links to the information provided during the tour, as well as a video for the tour and briefing.
- The City of Alexandria’s Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Group (PYMIG) held a meeting on Monday, June 10, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at City Hall (301 King St.) in the Council Workroom. The materials provided at the meeting was a presentation on the proposed Potomac Yard Metrorail Station, the environmental planning process, and the station alternatives that are being proposed.
The Potomac Yard Metrorail Station EIS team wants to hear from you! If you have questions, suggestions, or comments - or if you would like to be added to the project e-mail list - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overall Project Schedule
Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group Members
- Mayor William Euille, City Council
- Justin Wilson, City Council
- Eric Wagner, Planning Commission
- Dr. Monica Starnes, Environmental Policy Commission
- Josh Sawislak, Transportation Commission
- Kerry Donley, At Large
- June 10, 2013
- April 19, 2012
City Council held a work session in November 2012 to discuss the progress of the Potomac Yard development.
For additional information, contact lee Farmer, Project Manager at email@example.com or call 703.746.4146