Welcome to the Potomac Yard Development Portal
City Council held a work session in November 2012 to discuss the progress of the Potomac Yard development.
Potomac Yard Tour - City Council Work Session - Saturday, September 21 (8:00 - 10:00 am)
City Council will receive a tour and comprehensive briefing on Potomac Yard issues. The regularly scheduled City Council Public Hearing will follow the tour/briefing at 10:30. For more information or to RSVP contact Lee Farmer at Lee.Farmer@alexandriava.gov or 703.746.4146.
- Route 1 BRT median lanes to begin construction in July 2012 (Potomac Avenue to East Glebe Road median lanes anticipated to be completed December 2013)
- Route 1 Northbound Lanes Widening (Potomac Avenue to East Glebe Road) completed June 2012
- Construction is underway in Landbays I and J East, including townhomes, two finger parks and a neighborhood park.
- Potomac Yard Park construction is underway in Landbay K.
- Potomac Avenue construction is completed.
- Simpson Fields, as approved with Landbay K, is nearly complete.