In September 2015, City Council revised PYMIG's responsibilities and composition to enable PYMIG to function as a forum for the public outreach process through station opening and allow the group to consider the variety of issues that will arise as the project moves into design and construction.
Staff from the Department of Transportation and Environmental Services and the Department of Project Implementation serve as primary liaisons to PYMIG with support from other departments and consultants when needed. The staff of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) also assist. The Work Group meets regularly to discuss issues related to the Metrorail station. The public is invited to attend all meetings. For additional information, contact Lee Farmer at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.746.4146.
Give us your feedback!
The latest meeting of the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG) was held on December 14. This meeting was the third in a series of public meetings seeking input on the conceptual design of the Metrorail station and Potomac Greens Park. The meeting included a group discussion regarding the progress of design concepts for the station and Potomac Greens Park.
Please view the meeting presentation for more information. Provide feedback via AlexEngage, the City's online engagement forum, through Sunday, January 3 at 11:59 p.m.
Upcoming Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group Meetings
PYMIG will hold a series of meetings to seek public input on the Metrorail station design. The next meeting will be held on Thursday, February 11 at 6:30 p.m. at Charles Houston Recreation Center (901 Wythe Street). Please note that the meeting originally scheduled for January 14 has been moved to February.
Functions of the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group
- Review and provide input on Environmental Impact Statement documents;
- Provide input on project design;
- Receive updates on funding issues related to the new Metrorail station; and
- Facilitate discussion of construction mitigation for community impacts during construction.
Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group Members
NOTE: This page will be updated in January 2016 with the new City Council assignments.
- William Euille, City Council
- Justin Wilson, City Council
- Stephen Milone, Environmental Policy Commission
- Stephen Beggs, Park and Recreation Commission
- Stephen Koenig, Planning Commission
- Jerry King, Transportation Commission
- Kerry Donley, Community At-Large
- Ephorm Freeman III, Community At-Large
- David Dunn, Community - East of CSX
- Tanya Culbert, Community - West of CSX
- Matthew Ginivan, Business At-Large
Meetings & Materials for the Work Group
December 14, 2015
November 16, 2015
October 28, 2015
September 21, 2015
May 13, 2015
March 31, 2015
January 29, 2015
October 23, 2014
June 26, 2014
May 15, 2014
January 6, 2014
June 10, 2013
January 30, 2013
October 10, 2012
May 16, 2012
February 6, 2012
October 26, 2011
June 30, 2011