Alexandria Offers Free Parking at City Garages on Black Friday, November 26
On one of the biggest shopping days of the year, the City of Alexandria is offering free parking in all City-owned garages on Friday, November 26. Commonly known as “Black Friday,” the day after Thanksgiving marks the time when the season for holiday shopping begins. The City of Alexandria is offering free parking as a special incentive for shoppers to visit Old Town to make their holiday purchases.
The following City garages will offer free parking for patrons:
- Market Square Garage, 108 North Fairfax St., Open 7 a.m. – 2:30 a.m.
- Courthouse Square Garage, 111 South Pitt St., 7 a.m. – 3:00 a.m.
- Thompson’s Alley Garage, 10 Thompson’s Alley, 8:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- N. Union Street Garage, 220 North Union St., 7 a.m. – 2:30 a.m.
- South Henry Street Lot, 112 S. Henry St., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cameron/St. Asaph Street Lot, 210 N. St. Asaph St., 7 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Dozens of the City’s merchants are opening early, some as early as 6 a.m., and offering deep discounts. After shopping all day, stay to enjoy the City’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at 7 p.m., which officially kicks off the holiday season in Alexandria. Enjoy a performance from Santa’s Frosty Follies and a special visit from Santa Claus.
For more information on all the Black Friday festivities and many more holiday events in Alexandria, go to www.VisitAlexandriaVA.com.