City of Alexandria Government Operating Monday, February 8; Emergency Functions Only
All Normal Government Operations Closed; All Emergency and Support Personnel Are Expected to Report to Work
For Immediate Release: February 6, 2010
Due to the snowstorm and road conditions, City of Alexandria government facilities and all normal government operations will be closed on Monday, February 8. All emergency and support personnel for emergency conditions are required to report on time to support Alexandria’s emergency operations.
The following City facilities and services will be affected:
- Alexandria City Public Schools will be closed on Monday, February 8.
- All recreation centers, libraries, museums, and other non-essential City facilities will be closed.
- All City meetings and activities are cancelled on Monday, February 8.
- Alexandria Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts will be closed.
- Trash and recycling collection is canceled on Monday, February 8, and Tuesday, February 9. Trash and recycling collection for these dates will occur the following week on Monday, February 15, and Tuesday, February 16.
- The Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Recycling Collection Site will be closed on Monday, February 8.
Residents are encouraged to visit www.alexandriava.gov/Storm for updates and read Frequently Asked Questions about the February 5-6 storm. If you still have additional questions, contact the City Snow Hotline at 703.746.4488 703.746.4488 . To receive the latest weather-related information and snow removal information, follow the City on Twitter or Facebook, or subscribe to eNews.
For more information, contact Tony Castrilli, Director of Communications, at 703.888.7166 703.888.7166 or email@example.com