Information & Referral
Resources for finding information about services and programs available in Alexandria as well as nationwide.
- Services for Older Alexandrians 2010 - 2011 - a comprehensive guide for services for seniors in the Alexandria area.
- Department of Human Services Information and Referral- 703.746.5902
- 2-1-1 – Dial 211 toll free to find services in Virginia or visit www.virginia211.org to search online.
- Senior Navigator - a national model for online aging and disability resources.
- Federal Administration on Aging’s ElderCare Locator - a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging. The Eldercare Locator is your first step for finding local agencies, in every U.S. community, that can help older persons and their families access home and community-based services like transportation, meals, home care, and caregiver support services. Call 800.677.1116.
- Alexandria Commission on Aging - This Commission advocates for seniors and their families. The Commission consists of 21 members appointed by City Council. For more information, call the Office of Aging and Adult Services at 703-746-5999.
- Viriginia Easy Access-helps find services and support for seniors, adults with disabilities, their caregivers and the providers that support them.