Alexandria Health Department Casey Health Center Extends H1N1 Vaccinations to the General Public
The Casey Health Center (1200 N. Howard St.) and the Alexandria Health Department facility (4480 King St.) are providing H1N1 flu vaccine to everyone over 6 months of age. Vaccinations are FREE and now available to everyone over 6 months of age.
The Health Department strongly encourages people in the following high-risk groups to be vaccinated:
- Pregnant women
- Children and young adults ages 6 months to 24 years
- Adults ages 25 to 64 with chronic illness such as asthma and diabetes
- Healthcare workers
- Caregivers of children younger than six months of age
Both nasal mist and injectable (shots) vaccines will be available.
Casey Health Center -- March 2010 Clinic Hours
- Mondays: 8:30 a.m. - Noon and 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays: Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:30 a.m. - Noon and 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Please, no double-wide strollers as our facility cannot accommodate them. Clients are asked to park in the hospital visitor lot that is off N. Howard Street.
Alexandria Health Department -- March 2010 Walk-in Clinic Hours
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
For more information on both clinics and on H1N1, please call 703.838.4400, ext. 297.